- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Parmesan cheese, fresh
- Prepare the sprouts by removing any old, loose leaves and trimming the stem area.
- Preheat air fryer oven* on the bake setting to 400 degrees.
- Place the sprouts in a mixing bowl and toss in oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese powder generously and shake the baking sheet to roll and evenly coat the sprouts.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, shaking/turning after about 10 minutes into the cooking time.
- When there are about 5 minutes remaining in the cook time, remove from the oven and cover the sprouts with the fresh parmesan cheese. Place the sprouts back into the oven and reset the cooking to time to allow the sprouts to cook for the full final five minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool (the centers will remain hot, so don’t bite right into them) to a comfortable temperature, and enjoy! Sprouts will be dark brown and caramelized on the outside and tender to the touch.
*Note: if cooking in a standard oven (rather than an air fryer oven), bake for 30-35 minutes