– 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
– 2 tsp minced garlic
– 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
– 3-4 sliced mushrooms
– 1 pound cooked, deboned chicken
– 1 quart bone broth
– 3 cups water
– toasted sesame oil and fish sauce (for topping)
– Chop the cooked chicken into small cubes.
– Layer the ingredients in the Instant Pot in this order: rice, garlic/ginger/mushrooms, then chicken.
– Add the bone broth and water.
– Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Ensure that the steam release is turned to “Sealing”. Cook on the Porridge setting.
– When the congee has finished cooking, allow it to naturally release.
– Scoop congee into bowls and pour about a teaspoon of toasted sesame oil and fish sauce on top, and stir to incorporate.
– To make shrimp and tofu congee: sub 1/2 pound frozen shrimp and 14 oz firm tofu (sliced into small cubes) for the chicken.
– To make fish congee: sub 2 frozen flounder or 1-2 frozen cod fillets for the chicken.
Recipe inspired by budgetbytes.com.